Nomana Siddiqui CNHS RCC ABR SRES GRI
Buyer's and Seller's representative and Relocation Specialist
For anyone from first-time home buyers, to veterans in the market, Nomi will make you comfortable with the process and ensure you are satisfied with every aspect of your new home. Please contact Nomi to set up a meeting so you can discuss your individual needs and move forward in making your dream a reality.
10 Things Today's Buyers Look For In A Home
Posted on August 21, 2013 by Melissa Campbell in Home Seller, Real Estate Agents & Brokers
While David Letterman’s Top 10 lists generally culminate in a No. 1 ranking, the following list includes in no particular order 10 things that are important to buyers today, especially Millennials who represent a significant buyer niche in today’s market.
1. Quality of the neighborhood – The National Association of Realtor’s 2012 Profile of Buyers and Sellers revealed that neighborhoods are really important to buyers, but that neighborhood choice varies by household composition.
2. Convenience to job – Commuting is a necessary evil, but homes that are close to work enhance work-life balance, a growing priority for many Americans, especially Millennials.
3. Overall affordability of homes – With job markets tight and retirement funds depleted or eroded thanks to the great Recession, it has never been more important to keep housing related costs as low as possible, ideally no more than one third of your pre-tax income.
4. Quality of schools – A recent survey by realtor.com revealed that nearly 45 percent of today’s buyers are willing to pay a premium for quality schools.
5. Homes suited for the next 15 years – Just five years ago, buyers were looking to stay in their home about 10 years. Today, buyers expect to stay closer to 15, so it’s important to find a home that can support lifestyles as they evolve through that time period.
6. A mortgage – In today’s tight credit environment, getting a mortgage can be a challenge. Buyers should be willing to consider homes below what they may quality for in order to bump up the loan to value ratio.
7. Energy efficiency – The National Association of Homebuilders surveyed buyers to see what was most important to them in new home construction and energy efficiency topped the list. Four of the top most wanted features involve saving energy: 94 percent of home buyers want energy-star rated appliances, 91 percent want an energy-star rating for the whole home, 89 percent want energy-star rated windows, and 88 percent want ceiling fans.
8. Open floor plans – Spaces that are great for entertaining mean quality time with friends and family, something especially important to Gen Y.
9. High ceilings – Taller ceilings are not only aesthetically pleasing in that they impart a grandness to the home, they also promote greater air circulation and more natural light than lower ceilings.
10. Technology – Can you run your home from a cell phone? Then market to a Millennial, who prizes a homes’ technological amenities prized over curb appeal.
Certified and trained as:
Thank you for your trust in me and in Coldwell Banker Southern Homes to take care of your real estate needs.
I am a trained relocation specialist who can help you or anyone you know with their relocation, be it within Unites States or around the world.
We at Coldwell Banker belong to performance based network of real estate companies that are highly reputed in this market place.
We are customer service focused continually strive to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Please contact me should you or anyone you know be considering a real estate transaction this year.
email me at
FREE HOME EVALUATIONS - CONTACT US BELOW